Tuesday, June 19, 2012

In the Pink


So I am really awful at taking pictures of myself. You can't see my eyes at all. Frankly, I don't know how beauty bloggers do it. I guess I should find out.

Today's look is centered around the bright pink in the Yagolicious Smooches Lipstick Palette I reviewed here. The more I use it, the more I like it. I'm not wild about having to carry around the whole palette and a brush to apply it (the little doe foot applicators it came with are good, but they get gunked up fast), but it wears so well, without bleeding or feathering, that I'm willing to put up with a little inconvenience. This is the first time I've worn this color, and it's really a lot of fun.

I've also tried out a new foundation, CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation, in #310 Flax. This stuff is getting plenty of love on the blogs, and for good reason. At about $12, it's much cheaper than the MAC and Armani foundations I usually use, but I find the performance is much higher than the price would suggest. It's not too thin or too thick, not drying or greasy. While color matching at the drugstore is always a challenge, I managed to find my way to a reasonable color selection (while it's gross to find a drugstore cosmetic that has been sampled, if they're not sealed, well, what do you expect?). It's a little cooler/pinker than my usual MAC N20 or Armani #5, but it blended in perfectly and leaves a beautiful dewy but not shiny finish. It has a pleasant light floral scent, which reminds me a lot of a Lancome lightweight foundation I used to use, so if you don't like scented skin products, I'd steer clear.

So the face today is:

Skin--CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in #310 Flax, MUFE HD Concealer (with MUFE primer and translucent powder to set).

Eyes--MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as a base, with Urban Decay Naked in the crease and Sin in the inner lid. Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel in #77. NYX Les Amoureux mascara.

Blush--NYX Powder Blush in Red.

Lips--Hot Pink lipstick from Yagolicious Smooches Lipstick Palette.

Perfume--The deliciously fresh Boober from the new BPAL Fraggle Rock collection (A fretfully clean scent: freshly-washed laundry, linden blossom, soap suds, and a sprinkle of vanilla.)

No comments:

Post a Comment