Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Black and White and Red All Over


I know the lighting stinks, but wanted to share today's look. I'm going to a benefit this evening, so chose my favorite work-to-evening black dress with a twist in the front and my classic black Manolo Blahnik pumps. I bought them 15 years ago, during my first year as a practicing lawyer, and at the time thought I might have gone insane spending $400 on a pair of shoes. If only you could get them for that price now! It turns out to have been an excellent investment, because I've taken good care of them and they're going strong so many years later.

Face: Armani Designer foundation (over Armani primer) in 5 with a little MAC concealer and MUFE translucent powder to set it.

Cheeks: NYX blush in Pinched (NARS Orgasm dupe).

Eyes: Armani Eyes to Kill in Rock Sand over MAC Paint Pot in Painterly base with MUFE Aqua Liner in black and NYX Les Amoureux mascara.

Lips: NARS Flamenco.

Nails: Sample size from the OPI Burlesque collection, sadly does not have color name on it.

Perfume of the day is BPAL Black Lace (A delicate sugar-spun vanilla cream cotton, stained by tobacco and incense, Indian musk, and drops of cognac.) If only I'd been around when this was on sale, I would have hoarded tons of it.

1 comment:

  1. I covet your hair...that is all

    Megan
    (Painted Ladies)

    ReplyDelete