Thursday, November 8, 2012

90 Second Makeup


So you may have heard about this little storm we had called Sandy. We were very fortunate not to sustain damage, and we got our power back after 6 days. Many of our neighbors were not so lucky, but we're coming together, helping one another out, and looking forward to this all being over.

A group of coworkers who all live in my town have been carpooling, which turns out to be more fun than sitting morosely in traffic by yourself. I've never been very good at dragging myself out of the house on the early side, so I tend to roll into work later and stay later. But my fellow carpoolers like to meet earlier, so I have been improving my land speed performance in the morning, and have developed a decent face that takes me 90 seconds to do. It involves a lot of quick smearing on of neutral-toned stuff that doesn't require precise application. I used a cream stick blush, which I can dab on and blend in as I run from the bathroom to my bedroom to grab my last items, and I applied my lipstick in the car on my way to the meeting point (my husband drove, safety fiends!). I snapped this photo in the car on the way to work today, and I think it shows a little natural polish that will get me through a day at work.

Face: CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in #319 Flax and CoverGirl concealer. NYX Stick Blush in Pink Poppy.

Eyes: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as base, NYX Dallas eyeshadow on lid, MAC eyeliner in Ebony, NYX Les Amoureux Mascara.

Lips: MAC Viva Glam VI.

Scent of the Day: Nocturne Alchemy Eternal Ankh, which is a vanilla-sheer amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment